To ensure a safe and clean planet for future generations it is not enough to think about environmental issues for one day only. We must think “green” every day of the year. Decide now to start small with easy resolutions to make “green” living an essential part of your daily routine.
Try for a “TREE-FREE HOME”…As much as possible, create a tree-free home:
* Replace paper napkins with cloth napkins.
* Replace paper towels with a special set of cloth towels/napkins (or cut up old t-shirts for great towels). Store the used ones in a small container in your kitchen and just wash and reuse.
* Purchase bleach-free, toilet paper that is made from the highest post-consumer waste content you can find. (80% minimum)
* Create and use note pads from once used paper.
* Leave messages for family on a reusable message board.
* Make your own cards/letters from once used products or handmade paper.